WhatsApp is an excellent platform to boost your customer service as it is slowly but steadily and surely becoming the media of choice for businesses to connect with their customers. WhatsApp has been one of the most disruptive technologies to date and here are some of the reasons why:
- It is the third most downloaded android app in the world
- As of August 2021, WhatsApp has more than 1.5 billion active users with more than 25 million in the United States alone.
- WhatsApp is widely used in about 180 countries
Messaging is the preferred medium of communication
Users of WhatsApp are on the platform throughout the day. In a recent study, it was found that nearly 50% of customers prefer to use messaging apps to contact a company followed by telephone and email. The primary reason behind this is the low-cost option that WhatsApp brings. From the business perspective, this translates to a lot of potentials while it can also integrate with a wide array of business software and applications.
What can WhatsApp do for your customer service?
One thing is for sure, WhatsApp will be the game changer when it comes to customer service for your business. Typically, you can be assured of more leads and enhance customer relationships.
- Support Channel – WhatsApp can be used as a customer support platform where you can resolve any issues privately. With WhatsApp, you can avoid customers voicing their dissatisfaction on public channels like social networks which could have negative effects on your brand reputation.
- Automation of tasks – Through WhatsApp for Business APIs, some of the tasks in your business can be automated like customer queries and information dissemination.
- Lead Generation – This is perhaps the most significant function that your business will benefit from WhatsApp for Business where you can generate more and new leads through customer responses.
- Helpdesk Support – WhatsApp for Business can be used as a mini helpdesk where customers are familiar with the interface as they are already using it daily.
- Branding – You can customize your business profile on WhatsApp to represent your brand image better.
- Ease of communication – You can connect the API to a support platform to allow better personalization when you communicate with your customers. Through standard features like purchase history, customer location and nature of conversations, you can use them to better serve and connect with your customers.
What can WhatsApp do for the customers?
On the other hand, WhatsApp can be extremely beneficial for customers as well.
- Instant communication – Customers can connect with businesses instantly as most smartphone users have WhatsApp.
- Familiar medium – WhatsApp is a platform that most users are aware of and they use this platform quite frequently each day.
- Engagement – With WhatsApp support, customers can be engaged in asynchronous conversations which is fast, efficient and accurate.
- Security – WhatsApp’s end-to-end encryption ensures that only the customer and the support party are able to read the messages between them.
WhatsApp for Business in action
WhatsApp for Business can be used in various ways. For instance, an entertainment ticket booking can use WhatsApp for Business to connect where the customers provide their phone numbers and the tickets are sent to them via WhatsApp straight after confirmation (in a QR Code). The customer only needs to flash the QR code at the ticket checking counter upon arrival. WhatsApp for Business is also used for other queries such as setting new passwords and reminders. This is a great cost-saving option for such companies.
Getting your business on-board with WhatsApp Business
To set up your WhatsApp Business:
- First, download the WhatsApp Business app.
- Authenticate your phone number.
- Then, set up your profile at the ‘Business Settings’ function.
- Start creating your business profile by providing information like your business name, address, email address and website. You can also put in your logo too. Ensure that you confirm your details as the Business name cannot be changed after that.
- You can then set up your greeting messages, away messages and quick replies.
Why you should connect WAM Messaging to your WhatsApp Business
All you need to do is to connect WAM Messaging with your WhatsApp Business account and you can enjoy better synergy on your platforms. You can:
- Coordinate and manage multiple platforms in one
- Handle customer queries coming in through all platforms in a single control panel.
- Enjoy a unified platform to manage your team of support staff on WhatsApp (even on multiple WhatsApp accounts).
- Allow several agents to handle your WhatsApp for Business accounts simultaneously.
- Keep track of your WhatsApp messages using the WAM Messaging’s Dashboard with real-time data and insights. This includes response time and the volume of chats answered.
- Communicate much better with your customer when you leverage their location information. This means you can pair your agents with the customer depending on their locality, language, keywords and other related information.
The WAM Messaging’s PARTNERSHIP Program for better management of WhatsApp conversations
With WAM Messaging, you can integrate your platform with WhatsApp Business. This is provided through WAM Messaging’s PARTNERSHIP program. With PARTNERSHIP, your business can expand your reach further both geographically and technologically.
Addressing customer service with today’s technology
Knowing and understanding your customers’ needs is one thing, fulfilling them is another. Businesses that are successful are those that can achieve both well. Getting to reaching this goal means you need to engage your customers on platforms that they are most familiar with. With WhatsApp for Business, your support quality is greatly enhanced as you are on the platform that your customers spend most of their time on. Talk to us today to see how we can bring your business to leverage on this growing market.