Retail markets are increasingly efficient and electronic while the wholesale markets have struggled to keep up. Loco London trading and hedging is very transparent and competitive and can be managed through a variety of single dealer and multi dealer platforms. Wholesale physical trading however has seen little innovation and remains largely a phone-based, opaque, inefficient, expensive, and bilateral market. ABS is an award winning institutional technology provider for the wholesale precious metals sector. We provide market technology solutions for refiners, central and commercial banks, bullion houses, mining companies, asset managers, and private banks.
A New Way of Thinking About Precious Metals
Low cost and robust technology solutions for all wholesale participants, to eliminate high cost manual and telephone based processes and transactions.
Our technology solutions are intuitive and easy to use and enable firms to easily automate physical electronic trading and replace manual processes that hinder efficiency and performance.
We provide a compliant, secure, robust, integrated, and highly scalable electronic framework and tools so firms can meet the challenges of a digital and competitive future.
Technology Solutions for Wholesale Physical Markets
Physical precious metals market participants are struggling with lower revenues, high operating costs, and an increased focus on capital costs and returns. Their ability to address these issues is constrained by lack of technology investment. Hedging tools such as Loco London or futures are electronic, transparent in terms of price discovery, liquid and efficient with a high degree of straight through processing. The physical bullion underlying the market though remains a manual and costly market to transact. Processes across the wholesale markets from miner to refiner to jeweller to institutinal investor are all manual. Physical participants have traditionally relied on phone calls, chat platforms, and emails to negotiate prices and complete deals.
costs and operational risks while extending your client reach.”
- Central and Commercial Banks
- Bullion Houses
- Mining Companies
- Asset Managers
We enable our institutional clients to easily migrate from their existing manual processes and telephone based client transactions to a fully automated and integrated electronic infrastructure. No change in counterparties, clients, settlement process, product or delivery locations: It is simply automating the current workflow for a firm’s current clients. The net effect is a much more efficient, lower cost, more profitable, and scalable operation with full management transparency.
All our technology solutions are provided without any requirement for upfront investment, new infrastructure, or licensing fee. We provide a fully hosted and managed service and eliminate those costs for our standard solutions to ease adoption for all wholesale participants and replace them with a low cost transaction model. We are aligned with our clients to help them efficiently scale their operation and client reach. Solutions can also be fully customized to automate all existing manual workflows, transaction types, and products.
With physical demand growing rapidly and the supporting wholesale market constrained in its scalability by lack of investment and technological innovation, it is more pertinent than ever to move towards an automated infrastructure to increase your firm’s competitive edge.
Physical supplier and client aggregation platform
ABS MIDAS is an institutional relationship-based electronic aggregation platform designed to support the complexity of physical precious metals markets. Aggregate global physical suppliers and/or clients in a single electronic solution while maintaining all the same privacy of bilateral telephone negotiations. Our aggregation solutions provide end-to-end solutions for the wholesale OTC market’s physical trading needs through one low cost highly scalable electronic platform.
The award-winning platform designed by market professionals for market professionals. The ABS platform provides a ground breaking centralized electronic network to match, aggregate and route physical metal liquidity to and from institutional participants, venues, and across products.
Our integration with Markit is the next step in automating the post trade transaction process to provide straight through processing to significantly increase efficiency and reduce operational risks for bullion market participants.
ABS-Markit post trade solutions
ABS has partnered with Markit to offer the first post-trade solution for physical precious metals. This ground breaking initiative will leverage Markit’s extensive connectivity across the financial sector with both buy and sell side firms.
ABS MIDAS participants via Markit are able to eliminate manual deal entry and counterparty confirmations as trades will flow directly into both buyer and seller’s risk and operations platforms and anywhere else they require the trade without any manual intervention.
Markit is a leading global diversified provider of financial information services. They provide products that enhance transparency, reduce risk and improve operational efficiency. Their customers include banks, hedge funds, asset managers, central banks, regulators, auditors, fund administrators and insurance companies. Founded in 2003, Markit employs over 3,500 people in 10 countries. Markit shares are listed on Nasdaq under the symbol MRKT.
Single or multi-dealer white label infrastructure solutions
ABS Electronic Trading enables a firm to easily launch its own branded private electronic physical precious metals platform. We provide the tools to support and manage your clients in a private, highly scalable and robust trading infrastructure.
- Customizable to automate all your existing manual workflows, transaction types, products and hedging requirements.
- Client facing Gui or components can be implemented behind your existing Gui.
- Physical suppliers and hedging sources can be aggregated into executable price streams, providing a source of real time liquidity and risk management to your firm and your clients.
- Choose market making models with advanced aggregation and smart order routing logic for agency, risk and warehouse based execution.
- Eliminate the need to manage inventory through back to back auto-dealing with your physical suppliers.
- Real time credit management provides robust pre-trade checking and daily trading limit management of your clients.
- The client engine provides flexibility to spread, control and display prices on a per-user basis, with individualized spreading, liquidity, and trading restrictions.
- Easy integration with your existing infrastructure.
Hosted and Managed Infrastructure
- Singapore Equinix data centre
- Built-in redundancy and failover
- Production and demo environments
- No fixed investment required
- No system software to install
Solution and System Overview
- Automated confirmations
- Real time configurable blotters
- Data files for import to back office to provide integrated client reporting
- Monitor client exposures in real time
- Activity log for trading and regulatory purposes
- Comprehensive search tools
- Post trade automation available via Markit
Note: Get easy file transfer with server to server transfer script
ABS Gold Monthly Report
Chief Executive Officer
- 25+ years of experience
- Interest rate & fx trading and development of e-platforms
Chief Operating Officer
- 25+ years of experience
- Finance, controls, operation, and business management