Are you planning a family trip to Singapore? Are you specifically planning for 5-day trip where you want every member of your family to enjoy the maximum of what Singapore can offer?
We offer the ideal itinerary
If you are doing any form of research, you will realize that there are actually too many choices and options. Always remember:
- You cannot do EVERYTHING!
- but you can do all that pleases you
We have specially crafted the following itinerary for you so that you can save from the hassle of planning. Just follow them and everyone will have a good time and a truly unforgettable one too.
Day 1 – Sentosa for Everyone
Spend your first day in Sentosa island. It is known as the ‘State of Fun’ with a lot of reputation. In fact, it is like a place where everyone will enjoy themselves because one day might not even be enough.
- Universal Studios – This is the top of anyone’s list. The children will be overjoyed to take rides in Jurassic Park and see life-sized Minions. Don’t forget the Transformers ride or head up to linger with the characters of Sesame Street
- If you have time, you can check out either Skyline Luge Sentosa or the Port of Lost Wonder. It is most likely that Universal Studios will be quite taxing. Get some rest for the next day after that
There are just too many things to do at Sentosa Island. For this day, we will be arranging with everyone on what you want to do. Transportation to Resorts World will be arranged. Your options are:
- Universal Studios
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum
- Royal Albatross Dockside Non-Sailing Tour
- S.E.A. Aquarium
- Free and Easy
We get you settled down on your arrival at Changi International Airport and then transfer you to Thepod Boutique Hotel. After that:
- 11.00 am – Brunch at a local Kopitiam (Coffee Shop) to try some local food.
- 12.00 pm – Art Science Museum. A great place to take some pictures and Instagram them! The surroundings are so crafty and nice you can just walk around and feel artsy already!
- 3.00 pm – National Museum of Singapore – A place that you must go to learn more about this country and that is all the museums you will be visiting for now.
- 6.00 pm – Dinner
- 8.00 pm – Back to the hotel. You are free to go out on your own but be sure to get an early night’s rest.
Day 2 – Highlights on Postcards
Okay, postcards might be a bit out-of-date but you know what we mean. First, you can go and take the Singapore Flyer where you will be rotated 165 meters into the air. This is one of the best views of Singapore that anyone could have. You will not want to miss this for the world. Once your family finishes taking in the breathtaking scenes, then head up to Marina Bay Sands, another major tourist destination.
There are so many places to eat here it is ridiculous. One thing for sure, you must visit Gardens by the Bay where you will feel like a dwarf among gigantic flower beds and structures. You will like the shopping experience here as there are some of the most luxurious brands around the region.
This is not your time to shop yet, so if you do not want to overspend, at least get some selfies or wefies of the brands at The Shoppes. That should be it for your second day. Before dinner, you might want to take a cruise along Singapore River which will be truly fun for everyone as the daybreak sceneries are just priceless.
Once you are done with the cruise, then head out to the nearby foodcourts for some local delights like the Char Koay Teow, Bak Kut Teh or the Nasi Lemak. Today, you will be seeing the iconic places around Singapore city. It will be a half-day tour on the bus with stops for you to take pictures and enjoy the sights.
We will be visiting:
- The Singapore Merlion
- Singapore Flyer
- Marina Bay Sands
- Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay
We will be having tea and then take Bum Boat ride from the infamous Clarke Quay. It can be quite sunny so be sure to bring some sunblock. After that, it is free and easy and we will have dinner at 6.00 pm and head to Gardens by the Bay for the Cloud Forest, Light and Sound Show that comes around at 7.45 pm.
Day 3 – See the best of Wildlife
Who said that a modern city cannot have wildlife? There are 3 major places you can visit on this day.
- River Safari to kick-start your day – There are not many like this in the world. The River Safari is typically a river-themed zoo. You will be able to visit the Giant Panda Forest, home to Kai Kai and Jia jia, giant pandas. Meanwhile, you can spot the Brazilian Tapir at the 10-minute Amazon River Quest
- Singapore Zoo – This is the internationally-acclaimed zoo where you can visit the 11 different zones like the Primate Kingdom, Rainforest Kidzworld and Australian Zone, among others. You will be amazed by how well they have kept this place which is why the zoo has won international awards
- The Night Safari is as the name implies. You will see some of the most exotic animals in this one where you can enjoy a 35-minute ride on the tram to be in some of the most interesting wildlife habitats. This is the closest you can get to a real safari without having to fly half a globe to South Africa.
We will be up and early to visit Haw Villa after breakfast. Spend some time there to walk around and then we will have an early lunch. After that:
- 1.00 pm: Shopping at Orchard Road
- 4.00 pm: Singapore Zoo
- 7.00 pm: Get ready for the Night Safari
- 9.30 pm: Head to Chomp Chomp food center for hawker food for supper
Day 4 – Time for some local scenes
It is now time to bask in the local sceneries. There are several places that you can choose from as there are so many places of interest around Singapore. Since you are going for those that are most popular, try Little India and Chinatown. You should spend your morning in Chinatown.
What is really nice about this is that you get to see some of the most authentic Chinese cultures here. Just walk around the area and you will see how far this community has come. Enjoy breakfast by the coffee shop where you can get soft-boiled eggs, coffee and toast with kaya.
There are places like the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum that might interest you or just take some colour photographs of the architecture here. Then, you might want to try their local wantan mee too. On your last day in Singapore, we will bring you to some local shopping and food.
- 9.00 am – Breakfast and off we go!
- 10.00 am – Chinatown walkaround and visit the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple.
- 1.00 pm – Lunch and visit to Kampong Glam and then to Bugis Street for shopping.
- 4.00 pm – Back to the hotel to check out.
- 6.00 pm – Transfer to Changi Airport.
Don’t Miss out Little India Singapore
After that, go to Little India. This is another rich culture that you will surely like. The Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple is one of the most iconic temples in Singapore. Around here, you can go around on foot and take nice cityscapes. Then, bump into any of the restaurants to try out the Indian Banana Leaf Rice.
But you need to be able to stomach the spicy food though. If you have time, go to Tiong Bahru after that where there is the Tiong Bahru Market and Food Centre where you can get some of the best and sumptuous local foods.
Day 5 – Light and Easy
After 4 days of wildlife, sceneries, theme parks and such, it is time to unwind and enjoy some light and easy moments. This is where you should now enjoy shopping, perhaps the biggest highlight of any trip to Singapore.
It is home to some of the top brands in the world as well as regional ones. A trip to Singapore will never be complete without a visit to Orchard Road, perhaps the most popular shopping district across the region.
You know what you are in for at Orchard Road where you can find the likes of ION Orchard, Lucky Plaza and Plaza Singapura among others. Don’t forget to visit Ngee Ann City too. While you are at it, any food court in the shopping malls will have you enjoying the local foods. After lunch, you should go to Haji Lane where you can find a lot of local designer goods, novelties and other items.
This should keep you occupied until dinner time. What makes this place so interesting is that you can just wander around and see what the shops have to offer without needing to buy yet. There will always be time to shop some more.
Day 6 – Before leaving
If you have some time left before flying off, you can take a short trip to the museums and art galleries around Singapore. It must be noted that Singapore is home to some of the world-class art galleries where you can view and appreciate works of local and international artists.
If you still want to shop, you can do so if you are flying off at Changi Airport for some duty-free products.
Stadium MRT Station
Singapore is known for having one of the most modern and efficient public transportations in the world. In Asia, it has one of the best train services that commute millions of people each year and this is more prominent in the MRT (Mass Rapid Transit). One of the most beautifully designed and amazing MRT stations in Singapore is the Stadium station which had won the Presidents’ Design of the Year 2010 award.
The focus of this station was on good design and innovation where the meticulous designs was futuristic, elegant and yet functional. The WOHA architecture firm won the award in the project which was led by the Founding Directors, Richard Hassell and Wong Mun Summ. Inspired by European train stations in the nineteenth century, the Stadium MRT Station remains as one of the most unique stations in Singapore, standing out among the more conventional and traditional ones. The team wanted to design and build a station that inspired commuters when travelling and the end product did just that.
Located just across the National Stadium, it is built to accommodate the large number of people especially those who were visiting the stadium for events and such. Hence, the challenge was to build a station which was not only pleasing aesthetically but also functional, offering a wide range of facilities and equipments. The design team took to great lengths to ensure that the small space remained clean, light and airy where they used ribbed aluminium cladding system to create the impression of a fabric type of wall.
See you next time and hope you have an enjoyable time with us!